After serving in Vancouver for 18 months, my parents are finally home. I can't believe how fast the time went. They started driving on Monday the 14th and arrived here on Wednesday. I told Rachel to text me when they got there. It was still a regular day with regular responsibilities so when I finally got the text, there wasn't much I could do about it for a few more hours. During that time, I thought about how long it had been since I'd seen them, and how I didn't even remember what it was like to have them here. That made me sad.
Finally, I had some free time to go and see them. I opened the door and there was my dad and I gave him a big hug and it all came back to me and it was like they never left. I remember perfectly what it's like to have them around and I love it!
Some of my siblings were there too. I didn't think to take a picture but Rachelle was nice enough to share hers with me.
It was a good day.
-
Now that my parents were home, I want to try and spend more time with them. For example, in one of our school lessons we had a Social Studies worksheet about farms. Jonathan said he had never been to one so I decided to take him on a field trip to Wheeler Farm. I haven't been since high school at least, and I don't remember much. Then I had the brilliant idea to see if my parents could come. My dad was busy, but my mom was happy to work it in to her day. She even brought Brynna along with her which made it more fun.
The first thing we saw were all the ducks and geese getting fed. Lots of honking and quacking.
They wanted to wave at the turkeys.
Jonathan was really excited to see the pigs.
More ducks on the lake. Perhaps the same ducks?
They had fun playing in this cute little playhouse.
And in this cool tree.
They had a race. Brynna is pretty fast.
Of course we stopped at the playground before we left.
They had a lot of fun playing together. It was a fun field trip and I'm glad Brynna and Grandma could come with us.
It's good to have Grandma home again.
It really feels like they never left! Crazy how that is! p.s. I love how clear all your pictures are... maybe I should get a camera and not always use my phone! :)
ReplyDeleteHooray! Glad they are home safe and sound. Just in time for the holidays! I bet they have amazing stories of their wonderful adventure!
ReplyDelete