Saturday, November 02, 2013

Our "Staycation"

I really don't like the word "staycation".  It sounds lame.  It's what you do when you can't do anything else.  Our Fall Break turned into a Staycation this year.  I had originally wanted to go to St. George and just do fun things, like swim in the hotel pool, see a movie, maybe go miniature golfing or something like that.  Unfortunately, my orchestra had their first concert of the season that same week.  Our final concert would be on that Thursday.  I considered bringing the boys to my concert and heading south as soon as it was over.  That would have put us in St. George around midnight...if we were lucky.  That didn't sound very fun.  Leaving the following morning didn't sound good either since we'd have to come back the next day.  We considered going somewhere closer, but there just wasn't anywhere to go in that short amount of time.

So, that's when we decided to do a Staycation.  It really wasn't so bad, it's nice to just hang out at home.  Jaaromy had already requested Friday off thinking that we'd go somewhere so we just took advantage of that.  So, Thursday night we took the boys to my concert.  My parents had come home just in time to come with us.  Even though they were pretty worn out from traveling they were nice enough to come.  We all rode up together and ate dinner at the Rocky Mountain Drive In, just like old times.  It was fun to spend time with them.  Friday was library night so we worked our activities around that.  We remembered that we have wanted to take the boys bowling for a long time and never have, so that was our first stop.  It was so much fun, the boys had a blast.  Brigham wouldn't uncover his ears, but I helped him use the ramp for his ball and he ended up getting second place.  Nathaniel came in last but I could tell he still had fun.  Up until now they've only bowled at home with the Wii, so this was a little bit of an adjustment.

 Final score!

 Everyone had a good time.

 One more picture, a little better lit.

First place winner!

They also had an arcade and we all had fun playing games and winning tickets.  After that we went to our favorite place, Village Inn, and had a tasty dinner.  Then we had just enough time to hurry and get some books at the library.

I know I said Staycations were lame, but this one was super fun.  We really need to do it again sometime.

2 comments:

  1. I think I need to learn not to define how good I am as a person by simple scores and numbers and just have fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun times! Sometimes just doing something new around town is just as fun! Looks like everyone enjoyed the bowling. :)

    ReplyDelete