Monday, December 28, 2015

Awesome October

It's not technically alliteration but they both have the same vowel sound at the beginning so it works.  I have a goal to catch up by the end of the year so I'm going to do the entire month of October in one post.  We did a lot in October so it will be lengthy but better than several separate posts, I think.

***

 I put up my Halloween decorations at the beginning of the month and Suki had issues with my Halloween cat.

***

 For school, Jonathan and I learned about chemical reactions.  Luckily, I had all these things on hand.  It was a fun experiment.

***

 I've used electrical tape for a couple of years now to decorate my outside light fixtures but this year I got some orange light bulbs to go with them.  I love them!

Because of the plug adapter, the orange light bulbs wouldn't work in this one so I did something different.  I like this one too.

***

We went to the pumpkin patch on a Saturday so that it wouldn't be too dark for pictures.

 Suki was a little agitated for the ride for some reason, but Brigham enjoyed having her on his lap.





 Everyone found their perfect pumpkin.

 I was hoping to get there right after the sun set but before it was too dark.  We were a little too early.

 But the boys had a lot of fun playing on the hay.

 I love this face!

 And this one too.

 Brigham enjoyed the corn pit.

 Jonathan did too but wasn't a fan of the corn in his shoes.

They had ponies this year which is new.  This picture makes me laugh.

Suki wanted to sit on Brigham's lap on the way home too.

***

We took a trip to Yellowstone over Fall Break.  I was going to include it but I changed my mind.  I will make a separate post about it.

***

Nathaniel had his first concert with the Granite Youth Symphony, not the junior youth symphony.  We had to get him a tux and everything.  I had my own concert so I wasn't able to go.  Also, it turns out he got the concert date wrong so they showed up at the school a day late.  Oh well, he still looks nice.

***

 The morning of the day we were planning on painting our pumpkins we found that two of our pumpkins had been stolen.

Jonathan made some signs for the pumpkin thieves.

My sister-in-law was nice enough to let us come pick two pumpkins out of her garden to replace the ones that had been stolen.  Halloween was saved!

Nathaniel was nice enough to take pictures for me.

Brigham liked to use the paint first, then go over it again with water.  You know, whatever makes the biggest mess.

The replacement pumpkins were smaller but so adorable!  Here is Nathaniel's.

Jonathan was really into Super Meat Boy(a relatively obscure video game on Steam) so his Halloween was all about Meat Boy.

Jaaromy's pumpkin

He was really happy with his pumpkin.

So adorable!  Thanks Megan!

The pumpkin line-up.  I love how the whole pumpkin glows!

***

If you can believe it, two days later three of our pumpkins were stolen.  Honestly, they are just pumpkins, but having to tell Jonathan that our pumpkins were stolen AGAIN was not my favorite thing.  I remember when I used to love Halloween.  Yeah, those days are gone.

 At least Jonathan still had his pumpkin.  We brought the remaining pumpkins inside and Jonathan made "No Stealing!" signs and taped them to the pumpkins.

 To try and cheer everyone up I had them make these paper pumpkins.  I think it helped a little.  We started making plans for next year.  We discussed everything from bringing them inside at night to hooking them up to a mild electrical charge.  That was my favorite idea but Jaaromy wasn't a fan.  He thinks it might be frowned upon by law enforcement or something.

That night at orchestra we started rehearsing for our Christmas concert.  I can not express how wonderful it was to feel Christmas.  I've never been so happy to welcome the Christmas season in!

***

So, every year I tell myself that I'm not going to put off putting costumes together and every year I continue to do so.  Also, I seem to blog about this every year too.

As I mentioned, Jonathan is really into Super Meat Boy which totally worked out for me because it was a fairly easy costume to assemble.  Although it was hard to find plain red sweats.  I would have gotten them online but, as I also mentioned, I put it off too long and they wouldn't have arrived on time.  I decided to venture into Wal-mart to see what they had and they had red sweats in Men's Small.  They're a little big but it worked.  My neighbor sold me some sticker paper that you can print on and I had never used it.  Turns out it was exactly what I needed because it wasn't actually paper but more of a fabric.  Sweet!

 We also stopped at PetSmart to get a costume for Suki.  They had exactly what I was looking for and since I procrastinated, I got it for way cheap!  I couldn't decide between these two so I go both.

But I think this one is my favorite.  It's made for a cat but it totally works.  It was hilarious watching her walk around in it.

***

And now for Halloween night.  The weather was nice so we didn't have to do much to stay warm.

 Jonathan was ready to go!

Brigham decided on a pumpkin again.  This time he remembered that the pumpkin face it taped on so he didn't have to worry about it falling off.  We had a good time trick-or-treating.  It's a great way to find out who your neighbors are that you don't see all the time.

***

So, that was our October.  It was a busy month.  I will write about our trip to Yellowstone next and then I am on track to catching up by the end of the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment