Monday, December 29, 2014

The Pumpkin Patch

One of my favorite Fall traditions is going to the pumpkin patch to pick out our pumpkins.  We went later in the month than I would have liked but, since it was over two months ago, I don't remember why.  Oh well, we made it there and it was fun.

 We got a wheelbarrow right away and started looking.

 The pumpkins were so big this year!  I don't know what they did to them, but they were all beautiful.  It was hard to choose.

 It was starting to get really dark so I had to keep changing the settings on my camera.

 As long as everyone held still, I could take decent pictures.

 Seriously, huge pumpkins.

 I had to use the flash, they're just too wiggly.

 Brigham looked long and hard but he finally found the pumpkin he wanted.

 He also enjoyed exploring and was nice enough to pose for me on this tractor.

 He was not concerned at all about leaving us behind so I had Jonathan follow him around.

 Nathaniel let me take a picture of him and, for whatever reason, his eyes were open really wide.

 He let me try again, but overcompensated.

 The boys had fun climbing on the bales of hay while Jaaromy paid for the pumpkins.

 It was getting pretty dark but that didn't stop them.


It was so dark that I couldn't tell what this pit was filled with.  I stepped into it and was surprised when I sunk down into it.  I took a picture so I could see what it was.  Turns out it was corn.  Jonathan had to empty the corn out of his shoes when he finished playing.

I'm so glad we started this tradition, it's a lot of fun.  Perfect Fall activity.  We put the pumpkins in our front flowerbed until it's time to paint and carve them.  Unfortunately, right before we were going to paint them, someone stole Brigham's pumpkin!  I had to run to Harmon's to get him a new one and they weren't nearly as big or as pretty as the ones from the pumpkin patch.  I don't think he noticed.  Oh well, it's still a fun activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment