Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Pumpkin Day

Pumpkin Day finally came.  I tried to get an early start.  Since I carve mine, it always takes me longer to finish and I was determined to finish before everyone was in bed.

 Nathaniel was worried he wouldn't do as good of a job as he did last year.  Last year's was pretty neat, but I think he did great.  He really got into the spirit of Halloween.


 Brigham got into it a little more this year.  He didn't seem to notice that his pumpkin had been replaced by a smaller, uglier pumpkin.


 Nathaniel's pumpkin, see what I mean?  Nice!

 Even Jonathan surprised me by doing a little more this year.

 I like it!

 Jaaromy was a little frustrated that he pretty much paints the same face every year, but, hey, why mess with the classics.

 One way I saved time was by letting the boys take the pictures.  I did my best to make sure I was always holding a knife in the pictures.

 Brigham tried to taste the paint.  Gross!


 I don't mess with the classics either.  Plus, I was able to finish pretty soon after everyone else did.  Whew!

 I love taking long exposures of the pumpkins.  Love it.

 Especially my carved pumpkin!


I think they turned out great!

It's hard to beat Fall traditions, they are some of the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment