I have no idea where this idea came from but one day Jonathan started talking about a Chu Chu race and how he wanted to have one. He made invitations and invited everyone to come. We were at my in-law's for Sunday dinner and so he invited all the cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents. I wasn't exactly sure what he had planned and I didn't know what to tell people when they wanted more information. I didn't want anyone to have to go to any trouble to come if they wanted to. He also invited my parents to come watch. He originally wanted to have it Monday afternoon but I convinced him to do it that night. I told him that it would be a great FHE activity. Plus, Jaaromy wouldn't even be home from work until just before dinner. Luckily, he agreed.
I quickly found a FHE lesson on Endurance to go with our activity. No one in our extended family was able to come. I thought that was just as well, but I hoped Jonathan wouldn't be too disappointed. I told him that he could either reschedule or do it without any spectators. He decided to go ahead with it.
He printed out all the Chu Chus. Enough for four of us.
He was ready to go..
...and determined to win.
Someone had to document it so I stayed behind to film while the boys raced.
And they're off!
All except for Nathaniel, it was just a little too weird for him. So I took his Chu Chu and raced a little with the boys.
On their way back. Brigham was trying to plug his ears and run at the same time and of course that caused him some trouble and he tripped and scraped his knee pretty bad.
Jonathan won! We had a few more races after that and I think Jonathan won all of them. I was so torn between staying behind with Brigham and actually racing to give Jonathan some real competition. I did a little of both, but never enough to actually pull ahead of him.
You can't really see it but he even made an award for the winner!
I had no idea what we were in for, but it ended up being quite the activity. I love Jonathan's spontaneous energy.
Nathaniel even made a comic about the whole thing. You might have to click on it to read it. I love how happy Jonathan is, that's pretty much true to life.
And that was our Chu Chu race. Kids are funny.

So cute! I'm dying over the cartoon, he did such a great job!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great family activity!
ReplyDelete