Our summer so far has been mostly nice. The kids and I really needed a break from school and we were happy to have it. Although, the thought of summer fun was marred by the fact that I put them to work when they're home from school. They have jobs to do. But even with all that work they manage to find time to have fun.
Brigham was sick on the last day of school, how sad is that?
He and Jonathan managed to have fun anyway.
***
I had the brilliant idea of getting a green screen for the boys to have some fun with over the summer.
The boys could hardly stand it waiting for it to come in the mail, but it finally did.
Here's a test shot. We've already done a couple of things, now I'm helping Jonathan with his project. It's going to be big.
***
One day, before church...
I let Brigham try on my new sunglasses. So cool!
***
My summer was almost ruined when I got called in for jury duty. On Monday I went in for jury selection. I think being on a jury would be interesting, for a day or two. This trial was scheduled to last for 11 days. Not fun.
While I waited for them to decide I walked around the courthouse. Pretty cool. Turns out I was selected for the jury. I was not happy. I guess I just have an honest face, I can't blame them for choosing me. I went in the next day for the first day of trial. It was interesting for the most part. My mom helped a lot and that helped me not feel so overwhelmed by it.
I went in for the second day and took this picture. I'm glad I did because I found out pretty quick that they settled the case. I'm so glad, and it was so obvious that it shouldn't have gone to trial in the first place so we all win. However, it was a little bit of a letdown considering all the energy I put into trying to make it work. Plus, I had invested myself in this case and trying to figure out who was wrong and who was right. I needed closure. The judge tried to help answer any questions, but he doesn't know the particulars either. Oh well, I was able to go home before the kids even got out of bed. So it worked out. Whew!
***
I made it to the temple just before the 4th of July, finally. When I came out the sky and the clouds looks so amazing and beautiful. I had to take a picture even though it doesn't do it justice.
***
We hung out with Jaaromy's family for the 4th of July. It was a fun visit. We also celebrated July birthdays with USA cupcakes.
Here's my father-in-law with the USA rings that were on the cupcakes on his ears. Happy Independence Day!
So, that's our Summer so far. Let's see how the rest of it goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment