Brigham was sick last year so I was happy to see him get into it this year. I tried to get him to smile but apparently smiling and looking at the camera at the same time was an impossibility that day.
Jonathan decorated his pumpkin with the planets. A favorite motif of his.
Nathaniel always does a good job, and as I mentioned, he's excited to try carving a design next year.
Jaaromy's pumpkin provides a window into his soul with his usual scarred and angry face.
I carved a traditional pumpkin face with triangle eyes and toothy grin. But I decided to outline it will some black paint and I'm glad I did, I think it looks cool.
The boys were very proud of their work. I didn't finish my pumpkin until after Brigham was in bed because I carved mine and also because I was helping everyone else with their pumpkin. So that's why Brigham isn't in the picture.
So after all the boys were in bed I went back out to experiment with my camera. I'm really happy with these pictures I took. I have a small tripod that I mounted my camera on and then left the shutter open for 15 seconds. I think it looks awesome.
So, painting is fun and easy and all, but I don't think it compares to carving and lighting up pumpkins. I don't think I can ever go back.
No comments:
Post a Comment