I decided to take them out again this year while Jaaromy stayed home and passed out candy. We both like this arrangement. For some reason handing out candy stresses me out.
Nathaniel has officially grown out of every costume we have so we had to come up with something new for him this year. He decided on Wario and we were lucky enough to find one at the second Wal-mart we went to to find it.
Jonathan wanted to be Luigi again. This worked because he still fit into the larger of the two pairs of overalls I bought for their costumes a couple of years ago. But we had to find him a new green shirt. He really wanted to have a mustache for his costume but I couldn't find one at Wal-mart(although if anyone needs fake eyelashes they've got enough stock to last for years). I was all set to make one myself when Nathaniel decided he didn't want to wear the one that came with his costume and Jonathan was happy to use it instead.
I was so happy to find that the astronaut costume still fit Brigham. It's my favorite costume that I've ever made. Plus, it's really warm which is great for October weather, but not so great if he's inside. Brigham did great Trick-or-Treating too. He had a lot of fun, although he got tired at the end and just sat down in the middle of the sidewalk.
When we got home and had taken off our costumes Jaaromy's parents came over to give the boys a Halloween treat. Perfect timing. Then it was time for bed. In the past, I've always been happy to keep our lights on and continue to hand out candy. This year I had no problem shutting off the lights at bedtime. More leftover candy for me, I guess.
Love all your Halloween pictures! The costumes and pumpkins were great! And yes, I will give you a family picture when we get them. Promise!
ReplyDeleteI love that picture of the three of them, they are all so cute! I'm impressed you were able to have any left over candy, I thought we'd have a ton and there was hardly any left, fortunately Syd has been kind enough to share the "not good candy" with me:) When we run out of that I'll just show up at your house, I'm sure you'll share, right:)
ReplyDeleteIt's always nice to have Halloween over--at least for the moms. They all look so cute, though.
ReplyDelete