Saturday, September 10, 2011

First Day of School

I think I was ready for school to start this year. Thankfully, Nathaniel was ready for school to start too. Long summer vacations make it easier to want to go back to the regular school schedule. I know I was counting down the days when I could go grocery shopping all by myself again.


Nathaniel is in 6th grade this year! He had a good summer and I think this will be a good year to prepare him for Junior High.


Jonathan is in 2nd grade this year. He seemed excited to go back to school too.


I'm so exited for them to start school. Since neither I or Jaaromy would be able to walk with them to school to make sure everyone knew where to go, I took them down to the school the night before to show Nathaniel where to drop Jonathan off and pick him up. I'm glad I did.


This will be the last year they are at the same school together, ever. That has always been my biggest disappointment with their age difference. But, I'm painfully aware that these matters are out of my hands. We will all enjoy it while we can.

I had always looked forward to this year as the one year that all my boys would be at the same school, but that didn't happen either.


Brigham started Kindergarten a week later at another school in the district. I really really really wanted him in the afternoon class but it just wasn't possible. Luckily, we've been really diligent in getting him in bed on time and so it hasn't been as hard as I feared. It's still not my favorite, but he seems to be taking to it just fine and that helps a lot.


As in the previous two years he takes the bus. He's getting so big I don't even have to help him up the stairs anymore. I'm really excited to see how he does in school. I was really worried about him over the summer because he just didn't seem to be improving at all. So I'm looking forward to seeing some progress.

I'm so excited to see the boys learning and growing, I'm sure they'll have a great year.

2 comments:

  1. So cute to see Brigham climbing up into the bus, they are getting so big, I can't believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day--and they look so happy
    1

    ReplyDelete