This picture doesn't really do it justice. I don't have the patience to draw as many weeds as there actually were. It was bad. Plus, there were non-weeds that we didn't want as well. There were carrots that we didn't plant, onions(and other onion-like plants, not exactly sure what they were), and raspberries. The carrots were rubbery, and I don't like onions or raspberries. So we decided that it was better to just rip it all out.
So about two weeks ago I spent several days in a row pulling all the weeds. It was really hard work. I wanted to jump into our little pool so bad!
So many weeds. Since I did all the pulling, I had Jaaromy rake up the weeds. Then, with my dad's tiller, we tilled it all up. It actually looked like a decent garden. We were really impressed.
We even bought a few seeds to plant. Beans, peas, and cucumbers. They are all things that have a short germination since we're getting such a late start. It will be nice to have something growing that we actually want.
The backyard still needs a lot of work, but we are gradually making progress.
No comments:
Post a Comment