
It kept going back and forth between the tube and the dryer, and then suddenly started to fly around our tiny laundry room. Apparently, I'm a girl because I screamed. Nathaniel had chosen that moment to see what was going on and saw it flying around and it startled him quite a bit as well. It flew to the small window but it was closed, of course. So Jaaromy opened it up but that was a little to close for comfort for the bird so it flew into the ceiling which was missing a panel because of our leaky bathtub last year. So we went back to the business of taking care of the dryer. The bird had apparently been in there before since there were feathers all over. Turns out that what we thought were discarded feathers was actually a dead bird. It was inside the dryer. I don't think it could have been there very long. I hate to think that it was my last load of laundry that did him in. He probably thought that it was warm...at first. Jaaromy was taking care of the dead bird when we heard more rustling. There was another bird in the tube! So Jaaromy lifted it up towards the window and out popped the second bird and it flew out the window.
As I write this, the bird may or may not still be in the ceiling. We decided to leave the window open and close the door and let it get out on it's own. I hope it works.
The Easter Bunny called in sick last minute. They found what replacements they could.
ReplyDeleteYou screamed, an 80 level knome mage screamed, what is this world comming to. ;)
I'm glad everyone is safe (except for that one bird). That can be a huge fire hazard.
ReplyDeleteDrying your clothes will never be quite the same again! Actually, we've had one in our furnace flue.
ReplyDeleteIt flew out into our basement family room. We finally got it outside. It is quite the adventure.
What an adventure! That is crazy, but such a funny story!
ReplyDeleteThat is so funny but I would have been so freaked out of I were you! That is a great story but I think it would take me awhile before I'd want to do laundry again and everyone would wonder why my family's clothes smelled so awful:)
ReplyDeletegreat everyone is ok .. could be a great fire problem there
ReplyDelete