I don't want to make it sound like January was lame or anything, it's more that it was fairly uneventful. It's cold and snowy and there's no more lights to make it fun. It's not entirely without it's charm, however.
***
It wouldn't be January if I didn't have a bunch of tiny scratches on my hands from putting away the Christmas tree.
***
My piano had been out getting fixed since June. JUNE! I love my piano and didn't want to have to get a new one which is why I waited so long to see if anything could be done. Unfortunately, my piano was just too old and it was too hard to find the parts needed to fix it. We finally decided that it was time to get a new one. I needed a digital one but I didn't want to get one that looked like a digital piano. I also didn't need it to do a bunch of cool tricks.
I was so pleased when we saw this Kawai at Summerhays. I loved it at first sight but I didn't want to just get the first piano I saw. We went next door to the Piano Gallery and looked at some Yamahas but they were nothing compared to the Kawai. We went back to try it out again and decided that it was the best. It took almost a whole week before it could be delivered but it was worth the wait. It plays so nice and it's even pretty to look at.
***
Suki doesn't mind being part of my scripture study. Doesn't mind at all.
***
Nathaniel and Jonathan went to the Klondike Derby. This year they didn't stay in cabins, they actually slept outside in tents...in the snow.
Meanwhile, Jaaromy, Brigham, and I went to Chili's. It was tasty.
Here are some pictures of the derby the following morning.
Looks super fun, right? They had an interesting experience and they definitely appreciated their nice warm beds when they got home.
***
That was our January. Not much to report, but that's okay. It made it that much easier to catch up on my blog. Hurray!
No comments:
Post a Comment