Thursday, August 29, 2013

Our week with family

Jaaromy's brother and his family came up from Vegas to visit for a week in July and so naturally we spent a lot of time with the whole family. 

Sunday night we got together for a visit.  We played some games and I even got to chat with Emily for a bit while she helped little Hadley fall asleep in her stroller.  We also made plans for the rest of the week.

Tuesday was our traditional Girl's Night Out.  This is the one that I look forward to the most because it's pretty much the only GNO that I ever do.  We usually go see terrible chick flicks (17 Again being a notable exception) and have dinner.  This time the chosen activity was pedicures.  Not my thing but if that's what they wanted to do then I would do it.  It's about spending time together, right?  So, after our dinner at Zupas, that's where we went.

That's my foot at the bottom.  I decided to get a patriotic look for my toes since it was the 4th of July that week.  I will likely never do this again so I figured I should go big.  They lasted a long time too.  I just barely took off the paint last week.  It was starting to look a little sad.  After the pedicure we went to Chili's for dessert.  I wanted to get the cookie skillet.  I didn't realize how badly I wanted the cookie skillet until our waitress told us that they were all out of cookie skillets.  (sigh) So I had a brownie sundae instead.  It was okay, I guess.  Then the manager came and told us that they weren't really out of cookie skillets but the waitress didn't know that so he gave us a free cookie skillet to share.  That might have made it worse because then I knew for a surety that I had wanted a cookie skillet but had to settle on the brownie sundae.  So sad.  I guess we'll have to go back sometime.  Cookie skillet or not, it was a fun visit and my favorite part of our family visit.

There were other activities but we weren't able to go to all of them.  Friday night was Grandma Day.  Bill and Patti like to have all the grandkids sleep over.  Ours boys don't usually, but they come for the rest.  I was a little worried how it would go for Bill and Patti because they had just moved back in to their house and a lot of the furniture was still packed away (like the kitchen table!) and they were still working on projects around the house.  They managed to pull it off, although I'm sure they were ready for a break when it was over.  They had the kids make marshmallow shooters and I think that went well.  Jaaromy and I went on a date while they were at Grandma's.  It was library night so we drove to Orem and dropped off the books and then went to Magleby's in Springville.  The food there is so good but we don't have a lot of opportunities to get to Springville for dinner.  On our way back home Patti texted us and said that Nathaniel was ready to go home now.  Perfect timing.  Everyone had fun.

Saturday was Man in the Moon.  It wasn't really a family thing, Jimmy and Emily didn't even go, but since my brothers were there and Bill and Patti were there, it felt like it was all part of the plan.

Sunday was baby Sydney's blessing and our last chance to see Jimmy and Emily before they went home.  I made sure to take lots of pictures, including a big family picture.

 Baby Sydney and Grandpa Patti

 Little Hadley (so cute)

 Teagen is pretty darn cute too.

 Jimmy, Emily, and Hadley

 Baby Sydney with Mom Lyenna

 The whole family!

 The ladies

 The guys

 Silly Jace.  He really wanted me to take his picture.

 So I did.

 Four generations.

She makes that face a lot, it seems.

It was a fun week and a fun last visit.  I wish they would move closer to us but at least this way we make the visits count.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, fun times! Can't believe that was almost 2 months ago. I love GNO too. In fact, we should do it more often! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I love when family gets together, and I love girls night out! It's always so much fun:)

    ReplyDelete