Friday, June 28, 2013

Some things about Nathaniel

Nathaniel just wrapped up his first year of Jr. High.  We weren't sure how he would do and it caused no small amount of worry.  Turns out he did very well.  It's still Jr. High, but he really stepped up and, I think, grew a lot over the last year.

He's also been lucky enough to be in the Granite Junior Youth Symphony.  They had their final concert at the end of April.  They sound really good.


They played a lot of familiar songs, including my all-time favorite: Jupiter. It was fun to watch him play.

Closer to the end of the school year he had another concert with his Jr. High orchestra.  It was combined with all the other performing groups so it was a little confusing.  We got there when we were told to and the drama club was still doing their thing.  Jaaromy was out of town and so it was just me and the boys.  They were patient though and we enjoyed watching him.

 I never could get him to look at the camera.  Oh well.

It was a busy night, more so because Jaaromy wasn't there.  We had Nathaniel's concert, then Jonathan's tumbling, then Nathaniel's Kyuki Do.  Brigham was just as patient as could be as I carted him all over the city.  I took this picture mainly because of his shorts.  I had just moved them from Jonathan's dresser to his, and while they technically fit, they looked so huge that I couldn't help but smile.

As amazing as Nathaniel is on the cello, it's not his favorite thing to do.  What he really loves to do is animation.  He's been working on a couple of projects lately and I have been amazed at how they've turned out.


This on is called Trick-or-Treat Man.  A solid start.

This one is more ambitious, but I think it's hilarious.


This one chronicles his adventures at the Merit Badge Fair.  Apparently, this exactly what happened.

So there you have it, Nathaniel's many talents.  He really does amaze me sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. I hope we don't miss many more concerts! I'm sure he did a great job, and I think it is good to have more than one interest and skill. But I do love his animations!

    ReplyDelete