Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Amazing Vacation Day 2 Part 2

Our day in Seattle really was so busy, I think I'm going to break it into 3 parts.  Here is what we did in the afternoon.  After driving through downtown we made our way to the Space Needle area.  The Pacific Science Center is close by and we went there first.  We were able to get in free because our Planetarium membership has a passport program.  We were able to get in to the Museum of Flight free too.  Pretty sweet.  So we went in then decided we were hungry and walked right out the other side and over to the food court.

On our way to the food court we walked through the science center courtyard.  We saw this pigeon walking around.

Jonathan wanted to get close.

Nathaniel tried to help him, but shockingly enough, it flew away.

It was fun to get a picture of the boys in front of the same dinosaurs that we took our picture by on our last trip.

We also had a sweet view of the Space Needle from there.

After a delicious lunch Jaaromy needed to use the rest room so I took the boys downstairs to the Children's Museum.  This wasn't planned but it was open to the food court above and Jonathan wanted to go down to see what it was.  It looked like it might be expensive but it turns out that it was only open for another hour so admission was donation based.  Just as we were about to go in I realized that I didn't have my camera.  I texted Jaaromy and he didn't have it either.  I told Nathaniel to stay there with his brothers while I ran upstairs to the table we ate at.  It wasn't there!  I asked a janitor if he had seen it or where the lost and found was.  He told me where the security office was so I went there and they had my camera right there.  I was so relieved!  I went back down to the boys and Nathaniel was in tears because he was trying to physically hold on to the boys instead of just watching them and the museum people were trying to help them find their "adults".  I couldn't help but think they were judging me, but I didn't let it bother me.  I paid $10 and we went inside for a bit.  Turns out it was pretty fun for the boys.

 Right in the middle was this big mountain trail and they had these little "rocks" that the kids could lift up and see various insects, reptiles, and critters.

 There was a little slide,

 and a cool tunnel.

 Jonathan and Brigham had a lot of fun with these vacuum tubes.

There were a lot of other fun little things to see and do.  I took these with my phone and I couldn't get a picture without his eyes glowing.  We didn't stay long, but since I only paid $10 I didn't feel too bad.

We finally made our way back to the science center.  I didn't realize how late it had gotten and it was almost time to close too, but I think we made it to all the best parts.

 We made it to the dinosaurs.  Gruesome.

 They were actually robot dinosaurs and would move around.

 If you can tell, it was kind of rainy so we were a little wet from our walk over to the center from the food court.

 They even had a robot skeleton that you could control.  The boys thought that was cool.

 Of course we made it to the space area.

There were a lot of fun exhibits.  There were a lot of other fun non-space exhibits too, but honestly I was tired of taking pictures.  It really is a fun science center.  Jaaromy and I came here on our first trip and we were excited to bring the boys.

Finally, we went to the Space Needle.  This is what Nathaniel was most excited about.  It was still pretty rainy, but there was no way we wouldn't go up.

Right before we got on the elevator we passed the photo area.  I really didn't want to pay for a picture but they said it was free and they would just email it to us.  I thought that was pretty nice.  Apparently, Jaaromy's shirt was a little too blue.

We happened to share the elevator with some teenagers.  They were very...teenager-y, and were very loud on the way up.  Luckily, we got on the elevator first so the boys were able to stand by the windows and watch us get higher and higher.  When we got to the top we had to go outside and take a look.

So, yeah, it was pretty blustery.

But that didn't stop me from taking pictures.  Here's Safeco Field again...for Kelcey.

The beautiful Seattle skyline.

I love how Jonathan was still so excited to be there, even though we were wet and tired.

We were happy to just sit and look outside for a little bit.  We were getting pretty tired.

Brigham had a lot of fun dancing around by the elevators.

Here's a really pretty flower we passed on the way back to the car.

Another shot of Safeco Field...for Kelcey.

Part 3 of Day 2 will be next!

1 comment:

  1. I think you got your $10 worth and then some. I'm so glad you got your camera back! You got some very good pictures, especially of the cute tired kids!

    ReplyDelete