Saturday, December 29, 2012

Jonathan turns 9!

Jonathan had been looking forward to his birthday for a long time.  He was so excited, and he even knew exactly what he was going to get.  He was partly right.

He went to a birthday party for a friend a couple of weeks before.  He had so much fun that I decided we should do a friend party for him.  I've never really done friend parties, but if I were to do it for anyone, it would be Jonathan.  I was kind of stressed out about it, more than I was about Christmas.  I didn't take any pictures, but it went well and I'm so glad we did it.  He had a lot of fun. 

His birthday was on FHE so we had the whole evening.  We were even able to Skype with my parents so they could watch him open their present.

 I found this cool fort construction kit at Shopko.

He just knew that he would get Lego Endor for his birthday.  He had been looking forward to it for so long.  I was just going to get him Endor, but one of his friends gave him Bespin(the green one) for his birthday so I decided to give him Yavin 4(the brown one) too so he could have all three.  He loved them.

Then we sang Happy Birthday and blew out candles.


He saw the 9 candle at the store and really wanted to use it.  Makes blowing it out a lot easier.

Then we got to work building a fort frame.

 Of course we had to build the rocket frame first.

 It was kind of a tight fit, as you can see.

They still loved it though.  We tried the igloo fort next, much more roomy.

We didn't have to time to go to the Planetarium that day, but we went Wednesday while Nathaniel was at YM.  I think that worked out the best.  They had lots of fun and I was able to do a little last minute shopping there too.

Happy Birthday, Jonathan!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe he's 9 already! It makes me realize how quickly time is flying by, I love all your posts about Christmas too, it looks like such a fun Holiday Season and I love your tree and that picture of you and Jaaromy, so cute:)

    ReplyDelete