My birthday and Jaaromy's birthday are only two weeks apart so we often go on a nice date somewhere in between to celebrate. This year we decided to take a trip overnight. We haven't done that in a little while and we were starting to feel the affects. We decided to go to Logan. I had wanted to go somewhere with dark skies so we could take the telescope. It's been a long time since I have seen the Milky Way, I miss it. Well, I'll tell you right now that plan didn't work out. It rained the whole night we were there. However, we still enjoyed ourselves and plan to go again next year.
We ended up staying at a resort in the mountains between Brigham City and Logan. It was perfect.
We went into Logan for a movie that night and then breakfast the next morning.
Since we were so close, we drove up to Franklin, ID to see my Grandpa Nash's grave and to take a picture for my 1BillionGraves app. I ended up taking a picture of all the Nash graves, I hope I got them all.
It's a little cemetery right over the border. Seriously, I saw the cemetery before I saw the border sign. I've only been once before but I had no trouble finding our family's area.
It was a fun little trip. Not too far away, but far enough. We hurried home after that since Heather was in the hospital having baby #4 while Rachelle, who had our kids, was staying with their three other children. Bad timing, I guess.
Our actual birthdays were fun. My present was my new camera which I had already been using for a month, but Jaaromy got me this tasty ice cream cake.
And Nathaniel, with his "new" camera(my old one) was happy to take pictures for me.
Jaaromy's birthday was on a Thursday which is our busiest day, so there wasn't much we could do about it. His birthday present was an iPad which was mostly paid for when we refinanced our mortgage. He deserved it for all the work he put in to making sure we were doing it right. He also had his present for about a month before his birthday. I still wanted to get him something to open so I got him a Captain America shirt. I know he probably would have preferred a Hulk shirt, but I'm the one who has to look at him and so I chose Captain America.
I also made him this picture.
A neighbor of mine has one and I thought it was perfect for Jaaromy, so I made one myself. I think it turned out nice. In case you're wondering, the seeds are from l to r: carrot, tomato, watermelon, broccoli, and cucumber. They were all I had on hand.
Also, on Jaaromy's birthday, we went to a special screening of "Manos" Hand of Fate. One of the worst movies ever made. Ever. It was a live broadcast from the Mystery Science Theater guys. We weren't sure what to expect but it was a lot of fun. The jokes were all new, but sometimes I missed the old ones. Many in the crowd knew them too and would say them out loud. It was a lot of fun.
Since we were out on his birthday, we had to sing to him the next night.
We decided that we wanted shakes from Chick-Fil-A for his birthday treat so when we got home, he blew out the lighter.
It's fun having our birthdays together, it's like one big party celebrating our mutual awesomeness.

You two are totally awesome! I'm so glad you had this time together. Rachelle is such a good sister to have all 6 children at one time. Nice to see the Franklin Cemetery. I haven't been there for some time. There is something about that little cemetery that makes me feel peaceful and close to my roots.
ReplyDelete