Sunday, December 04, 2011

Thankful Turkeys

For our Thanksgiving activity for FHE I took a page from my friend Emily's blog again. She always has great ideas. At first I was worried that I hadn't planned ahead far enough to get enough toilet paper tubes for all five of us. I ended up getting them from the garbage in our bathroom(is that bad?), it was all paper products so I think we're okay. I cut out enough feathers for each of us to have six and we all wrote what we're thankful for on them.


It was a lot of fun and I think it was good for the boys. It's always good to remember what we're thankful for. I love how Jaaromy's turkey looks worried. It's his favorite expression.


I'm glad I was able to pull it off, I think I underestimated just a little bit how long it would take to cut out the feathers, beaks, and feet.


I've decided I want to leave them up all year to remind us of our blessings. Although I did move them to another shelf to make room for Christmas decorations.

One of the things I'm thankful for that I wrote on a feather is Technology. I'm thankful for all the many ways we can preserve and share our memories.

3 comments:

  1. That is such a cute idea:) I just love Thanksgiving and remembering all we are blessed with, such a cute way to really think about it

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so festive on the shelf. I'm sure everyone had fun and such a great way to remember why we celebrate.

    ReplyDelete