I'm a sucker for donuts and the pictures on the box looked so tasty. Unfortunately, since it was somewhat of an impulse purchase, I wasn't entirely prepared ingredients-wise. Luckily, I had everything I needed for the donuts themselves, which pretty much makes it the perfect recipe. But I didn't have anything for a glaze so I had to use melted butter and a cinnamon-sugar mix, which was fine, but I really wanted my donuts to look like the ones on the box. Oh well, maybe next time. I certainly wasn't going to let a simple lack of chocolate glaze to keep me from trying out the cutest little appliance though.
Even though you can see my extra chin in this picture, it was still the best one. I decided to use my Dessert Decorator Pro, which was expensive but totally paid for itself the first time I used it to fill deviled eggs. It didn't disappoint. I had them all cooking in no time. It also cooks in practically no time. I timed them for 3 minutes and they came out great.
It didn't seem like much dough, but it made a pretty impressive amount. We ate a lot of them that night and there were still plenty left for the next few days. The kids really liked them. But of course they did, they're DONUTS!
Can't wait to try them again, now that I've been to the store and can make a chocolate glaze. TASTY!
It's a good thing I live an the other side of the Rockies or I be at your door step.
ReplyDeleteYou always were sucker for donuts. You must take after your mother.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun purchase and they look delicious! I think you should make me some:)
ReplyDeleteI've been wondering how the donuts would turn out on that machine. I've been so tempted to buy it too, maybe I'll just HAVE to now! I'm with Heather, but I think you should bring them to the next birthday dinner.
ReplyDeleteYou know, Kyle's quite the sucker for donuts (I found out) as well.