Friday, July 04, 2008
Glen Beck Book Signing
This is a little unusual for me since I don't really like to go places with big crowds but I went to an actual book signing today. Glen Beck is here today for the Stadium of Fire and stopped by the University Mall Deseret Book to sign a few books before the show. Jaaromy gave me his book for Christmas so I thought I'd go get it signed. How cool is that! Jaaromy isn't as big of a fan as I am but he came with me anyway and wrestled with the kids and everything while I stood in line. Mr. Beck was apparently taking a break so the line wasn't moving at all. I'd never been to one before so I didn't know what to expect. Well, Jaaromy gave up trying to keep the kids in the store so he took them to another one and Nathaniel stayed with me. Soon after, Glen walked right by me on his way back to the signing table. There were some other guys and a couple of mall security guards with him. He actually seemed a little embarrassed at the attention. Well, once he got going things sped right up. I had been planning on saying something to him, but his time was limited and they were moving everyone along pretty quickly so he signed my book, shook my hand, and said "thank you." He seemed to genuinely mean it. I said thank you too and that was it. It was a lot of fun, I'm so glad I went.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Angela,
ReplyDeleteBook signings are so fun aren't they?! I know I felt embarrassed about the attention at mine last December. It's strange. something he must be new too also....(smile)
So how are you? It is sheer luck that I found your blog. I just started one for Shaela and Lyenna, and got Patti to get back on hers. It's so fun to keep in contact with family and friends this way, especially when we live so far apart. (smile)
Well I hope all is well out there with you, and congrats on the new job for Jaar, and the new home!!! What a dream come true!!
love ya
Aimee
Angie, I'm glad you have that book. I would like to read it too. Love ya Pat
ReplyDeleteGood post.
ReplyDelete